Our purpose for interpretation is to help our community:
- To know and understand ourselves and our way of life,
- To learn from our mistakes and successes,
- To create pride,
- And to create appreciation for what we have.
DesBrisay Museum offers a wide range of interpretive methods which uses the latest technology, is inclusive to all audiences, is environmentally responsible, provides a unique experience, connects us to our present and future and clearly meets the museum’s goals.
- Be inclusive and mindful of disenfranchised groups.
- Be relevant to today’s issues and needs.
- Be environmentally sensitive.
- Be related to our mandate.
- Be focused on our uniqueness.
- Be mindful of inclusion of later decades such as 20’s to the 60’s,
- Staging and presentation,
- The inclusion of a children’s component,
- Integrate natural and cultural history, and
- Use the collection to its utmost.
January to March - To Be Announced
March - Lunenburg County School Art
May to September - Bridgewater Fire Department Band 150 Anniversary and Bridgewater’s Music History.